RENNtech is proud to introduce an all new rear decklid spoiler design for the Mercedes-Benz S-Class. This highly integrated prepreg carbon fiber spoiler compliments the sophisticated and refined S exterior design language.
The spoiler will fit any S-Class from 2014 and up. No drilling or modifications to the trunk are necessary, installs with 3M double-sided automotive tape.
- What exactly is prepreg carbon fiber?
- Prepreg is widely known as the finest process in carbon fiber manufacturing and has been used for aerospace and military applications because of its superior consistency in weight, thickness, fitment, resin, carbon layout, and overall quality.
- The pre-impregnated (prepreg) fiber method creates stiffer, stronger laminates with controllable, predictable results and the result is a consistent, tight fiber weave which not only looks amazing, but adds strength. Other companies use a lower cost, wet-layup method which results in components of inferior, strength, appearance and overall quality.
- To explain this process in short, the fiber is pre-impregnated (hence the name) with resin at a production facility, rolled on spools, and frozen to prevent the resin from curing prematurely. This material is than cut and hand laid into a mold to the proper thickness and cured at strictly controlled temperatures. This process creates a laminate with a precisely controlled resin volume and in turn is 20-30% stiffer and stronger than an equivalent thickness wet laminate process.
- This ensures our customers receive components which not only look good on the vehicle standing still, but won’t crack, warp, fall off or fade when mounted to the exterior of their vehicle after six months or while driving at high speed.
Our online store allows you to choose the best performance parts for your car. Instead of having the items delivered to your home, we can deliver direct to your local service center. You can browse products on this website. Please feel free to place an order and one of our representatives will contact you to arrange delivery and installation if requested of your new performance parts.